Senior Architect Cloud Transformation
We are Adcubum - a leading and constantly growing manufacturer of insurance software in the health, accident, and property insurance lines, as well as the market leader in health and accident insurance in Switzerland. Outstanding ideas are the building blocks for our innovative product and our success. Highly qualified, flexible employees from the insurance and IT sectors develop them further.
We operate international with several locations in Switzerland, Germany, and Croatia.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Architect Cloud Transformation to join our team and lead our efforts in bringing our core insurance product Adcubum Syrius to the Cloud.
The Architect will play a pivotal role in defining and executing our strategy for transforming our traditional product to a cloud-native solution.
In this role, you will work in a team of skilled architects and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including software engineers, DevOps specialists, and product managers, to ensure the successful transformation of Syrius.
- develop and maintain a comprehensive architectural vision and strategy for transforming our traditional product Syrius into a cloud-based, potentially SaaS-oriented, offering.
- define the technical roadmap for this transformation, ensuring alignment with business objectives and customers' own cloud transformation journeys.
- design cloud-native solution architectures in the next iteration of Syrius, selecting appropriate services and technologies to improve our product's elasticity, availability, and performance.
- shape and drive key technical initiatives to make our software product increasingly more cloud-native in alignment with customer roadmaps.
- implement robust security measures and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations in the cloud environment.
- work closely with the security team to address any potential vulnerabilities and ensure a secure cloud-based offering.
- conduct regular assessments and implement improvements as needed.
- collaborate with a team of architects as well as development, operations, and product management teams to ensure a cohesive and effective cloud transformation process.
- enable the company in adopting cloud-native best practices, and provide guidance on containerization, serverless, and microservices architecture.
- mentor and educate teams on cloud-native concepts and technologies, fostering a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and knowledge sharing within the company.
- keep up to date with ongoing developments and innovations with regards to cloud and container technologies.
- proven experience as a lead architect in cloud transformation projects, particularly in Java-based environments.
- in-depth knowledge of cloud platforms and architecture frameworks (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud), as well as hands-on experience with cloud-native technologies.
- proficiency in containerization and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift).
- strong background in designing and implementing microservices architectures and distributed solutions, preferably in brown-field projects.
- experience with ERP systems and an understanding of enterprise-grade application landscapes and organisations.
- excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence and inspire cross-functional teams and manage stakeholders from various backgrounds.
- ability to present complex contexts and considerations precisely to senior management roles.
- strong analytic, communicative and organizational skills.
- communicative, inspirational and customer-minded personality with a high degree of responsibility.
- excellent English skills (written & spoken).
This is a plus
- experience or background in architecture methodologies (TOGAF, iSAQB or similar).
- certified knowledge in cloud architecture frameworks (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- project experience in the insurance industry.
- ability to communicate in German.
What we offer
Have an impact and participate in the evolution of our software suite Adcubum Syrius.
- Enjoy a creative and friendly team atmosphere
- Experience our highly innovative and cross-cultural work environment
- Career development opportunities and training
- Work in flexible hybrid model, combining work-from-home and office
Join us in shaping the Adcubum success story and become part of our company.