Java Backend Software Engineer P&C (German-speaking)
We are Adcubum - a leading and continuously growing manufacturer of insurance software in the health, accident, and property and casualty lines, as well as the market leader in health and accident insurance in Switzerland. Outstanding ideas are the building blocks for our innovative product and our success. Highly qualified, flexible employees from the insurance and IT sectors develop them further.
We operate internationally with several locations in Switzerland, Germany, and Croatia.
We are looking for several experienced Java Backend Software Engineers for Property and Casualty Insurance team in Zagreb.
As an experienced software engineer you will become a Scrum Team member and will play a key role in the development of software modules and help shape their technical and architectural design. You can expect various and exciting development tasks that you will successfully master within a self-organized Scrum team. You have a high level of willingness to deal with technical issues and want to achieve the best possible customer benefit. You enjoy your work and want to constantly improve and develop. You keep an eye on both quality and future challenges. You involve your team colleagues in finding solutions and proactively ensure the distribution of knowledge within the team.
- You design and implement new features or components based on project and customer requirements, taking into account good maintainability and high usability
- Active participation in cross-team coordination and coordinate the module's interfaces with its consumers
- Taking responsibility for parts of a module - from design to deployment
- Cross-functional handling of tasks in the Scrum team
- Ensuring a high-quality standard, testing and continuous delivery of software
- Committed to agile working methods in a motivated Scrum team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education
- Desire to create business value with high quality code
- Strong sense of software craftmanship and a solid knowledge of quality and modern software architecture (e.g. SOLID principles, design patterns and test automation, distributed systems) as well as Domain Driven Design (DDD) and clean code
- Proven track record of working with Java 11 or later versions
- Experience with enterprise business application / ERP development
- Hands-on experience with modern tool chains Spring Boot, MapStruct, Openshift, Helm, Docker, Jenkings, Git, Gradle, SonarQube, Junit, PosgreSQL, Oracle and SQL knowledge
- Team spirit and, ideally, experience in agile development
- A high degree of self-reliance, initiative, and structured approach to work
- Fluency in English and good knowledge of German language
- Know-how or interest in insurance is a plus
- Work on products with end-to-end responsibility, from the design of the solution to delivery, as well as improvement of existing solutions.
- Enjoy a creative and friendly team atmosphere
- Experience our innovative and cross-cultural work environment
- Career development opportunities and training
- Work in flexible hybrid model, combining work-from-home and office
Join us in shaping the Adcubum success story and become part of our growing company.
Werde auch Du Teil unserer Erfolgsgeschichte.